This is a Wire site.
More Wire photos in the gallery »
This is the official Wire site. From 1977's Pink Flag to the band's most recent album, Change Becomes Us, legendary art-combo Wire have created a unique body of work. Subverting genres, Colin Newman, Graham Lewis, Robert Grey and Matthew Simms continue to work on new material, regularly confounding expectations.
@ Get Wire news first
Subscribe to the Pinkflag mailing list
Latest Wire news
Jun 19, 2013MORE GIGS
A couple of extra gigs have been added to the list below they are
July 18th: The Clifton Center, Louisville, KY, USA
as an extra date on the N.American Tour and
Aug 16th: The Continental, Preston, UK
which will be an "intimate" warm up before the Beacons Festival
Upcoming Wire gigs
- June 29th: MIV Festival, Pordenone, Italy [free festival]
- July 09th: Museum of Contemporary Art, Detroit, USA
- July 10th: Lee's Palace, Toronto, Canada
- July 12th: The Sinclair, Cambridge, Mass, USA
- July 13th: Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- July 14th: Black Cat, Washington, DC, USA
- July 16th: Bowery Ballroom, New York, NY, USA
- July 17th: Beachland Ballroom, Cleveland, OH, USA
- July 18th: The Clifton Center, Louisville, KY, USA
- July 19th: Pitchfork Festival, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 28th: Open East Festival, Olympic Park, London, UK
- Aug 16th: The Continental, Preston, UK
- Aug 17th: Beacons Festival, Skipton, UK
- Aug 23rd: For Noise Festival, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Sept 14th: Musician, Leicester, UK
- Sept 15th: Festival No. 6, Portmerion, UK
- Sept 17th: King Tuts Wah Wah Hut, Glasgow, UK
- Sept 18th: Cluny, Newcastle, UK
- Sept 19th: Brudenell Social Club, Leeds, UK
- Sept 20th: Arts Centre, Norwich, UK
- Sept 21st: Amerikaans Theatre, Brussels, Belgium
- Sept 23rd: Komedia, Brighton, UK
- Sept 24th: Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK
- Sept 25th: The Fleece, Bristol, UK
- Sept 26th: Gorilla, Manchester, UK
- Sept 27th: Workingman's Club, Dublin, Eire
- Oct 05th: Trabendo, Paris, France
- Oct 06th: Luxor, Koln, Germany
- Oct 07th: Knust, Hamburg, Germany
- Oct 08th: Postbahnhof, Berlin, Germany
- Oct 09th: Beatpol, Dresden, Germany
- Oct 10th: WuK, Vienna, Austria
- Oct 12th: Palace, St Gallen, Switzerland
- Oct 14th: Universum, Stuttgart, Germany
- Oct 15th: Kleine Freiheit, Osnabruck, Germany
- Oct 16th: Tivoli, Utrecht, Netherlands
- Nov 07th: Tavastia, Helsinki, Finland
- Nov 09th: Wroclaw Industrial Festival, Wroclaw, Poland
More recent Wire news
May 29, 2013CBU VINYL
We can now announce that the vinyl version of Change Becomes Us is now finally available in the pinkflag shop. This edition is exactly the same as the version available on Record Store Day (Double Vinyl in a gatefold sleeve) but lacks the numbering.
April 24, 2013NORTH AMERICA
We have just added the final date to our short East Coast & Midwest North American Tour for July (see below). This year the band have decided to split North America into two visits. The one just announced in July and a follow up West Coast run in November of which, of course, more later.
There are quite a few more dates upcoming through the year so please keep up to date here an by signing up to the newsletter.
We will also be recording a session for Marc Riley on the 9th of May. The scheduled session for John Kennedy has been cancelled due to factors beyond the band's control and will now be recorded on July 29th.
March 26, 2013POST : DRILL
Wire would like to thank everyone who has been part of our DRILL:LONDON Festival and everyone who came to the shows. The festival exceeded our most widely optimistic expectations and we have many new friends as a result! Special thanks are due to Luke of the Quietus, Matty from the Lexington & Jason without whom..
Wire's next Live performance will be for Record Store Day (20th April) in London at Sister Ray in Soho. We will also be announcing some US dates for July very soon.
January 19, 2013Doubles & Trebles
Change Becomes Us has now been launched to the world's media and news items are going up online about it. We particularly like the the one on The Quietus. At the same time you can now hear the album's opener "Doubles & Trebles" streaming on WireHQ's soundcloud it is already proving rather popular!
At the same we are making the first announcement about DRILL : LONDON a series of events taking place at various venues across London in March 2013. This will culminate with a performance by Wire playing Change Becomes Us in full at Heaven on Sunday, March 24th. The set will close with the massed guitars of The Pinkflag Orchestra playing the track 'Pink Flag' by way of an encore. The ticket link is below.
December 11, 2012Change Becomes Us (pf19)
As Pinkflag newsletter subscribers will already know, a new Wire album will be released on CD and digital in March 2013, with vinyl following for Record Store Day on April 20. "Change Becomes Us" began as an exploration of unrecorded material originally written in 1979–80. Some of this material had only ever existed as quickly prepared sketches for one-off performance; however, subjected to the rigour of a Wire working process of both touring and studio, it evolved organically into what we think is a fascinating hybrid. Liberated from its historic roots, it simply took off! "Really fresh!" is the common quote of the few who've heard it!
You can pre-order the "Special Edition" from our Mail Order (regular CD or vinyl will be available to order at a later date) and you can read more in our most recent newsletter archived here.
Subscribe to the Pinkflag newsletter to be the first to hear upcoming Wire news.